Wednesday, July 28, 2010

One year anniversary

I can't believe it, but yesterday was the one year anniversary of when I stopped drinking sodas. After downing 4-6 sodas a day (on a slow day) I decide that it was time to stop.

So, I did. And...it sucked, but I ended up dropping lots of weight and my mood evened out. It took thirty days or so before I could stand being in a room with soda and not wanting to imbibe. Even now I long for an ice-cold can of Mt. Dew.

Point is that I stuck with it for a year. I'm glad I did it and I'm not going to go back to sodas, but...but...but damn do I want that Mt. Dew.

2 comments:

  1. Good on you, I haven't completely stopped with the caffeinated drinks like you. But it can be months between them for me. Sadly when i stopped i did it at the time I was stopping smoking too, So I gained around 10st.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete