Friday, April 2, 2010

Re-recording with GS-10

Well, I re-recorded all the distorted guitars on Aeserian using the GS-10 instead of the VG-99. It sounds loads better in my opinion, so I'm glad I figured that out now instead of during the mixing phase. The sad news is that now I have to go through and re-record all the guitar bits for all the songs I've already done. Hopefully this won't take all that long. I have to redo the following tunes:

1. End of the Line
2. Mirnrith
3. Wall
4. Sings to You (Whisper)
5. The Wielder of the Blade
6. Sai

I still have to record the rest of the songs, so I'm glad I caught this now. At least I don't have to redo all of them!

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the rhythm parts, but I'm not to just use a single guitar in my stuff. I think Wielder alone has like 15 different guitar bits throughout. On the plus side, I've been playing these songs for years so I know them like the back of my hand. With any luck, it'll go pretty quickly. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment