Friday, April 2, 2010

Sonar 8.5

In preparation for getting back on track with "The Wielder of the Blade" album, I upgraded from Sonar 7 to 8.5. So far I rather like it.

They changed the default menus and layout a little bit in the new version. It works better for me now that I'm getting used to it.

One of the nicer things is that the audio engine is more responsive. It's smoother. I haven't had any audio dropouts since the upgrade and I was getting them at least once per recording session before. I'm in the process of saving up for a new machine, which will make this puppy really purr (or, is that kitty?). For now, though, it's performing quite well on my elderly clunker.

The new vocal strip is going to be quite helpful in making my singing sound good...erm, less bad. It has a lot of nifty little features and presets. I can see that there will be a bit of a learning curve on it, but it promises to be worthwhile.

I plan on getting after more of the recording facets this weekend, so I'm certain problems will turn up. But my initial reaction is that Sonar 8.5 has potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment